Beth Ami is a welcoming community where we connect to Jewish past, celebrate Jewish present, and link to Jewish future through a humanistic philosophy.
Beth Ami - Colorado Congregation for Humanistic Judaism is the only full-service Humanistic Jewish congregation in the Denver Boulder area. Our main venue is the Boulder Jewish Community Center. Welcome to our community!
We provide the opportunity to celebrate Jewish culture and identity consistent with a humanistic philosophy of life.
- Our two professional leaders/ madrikhot guide the community in life cycle events such as weddings, baby namings, b’nai mitzvot and memorials.
Calendar of Events
- Tu B'Shevat celebration, 10am–noon, Boulder Public Library – Meadows Branch - 4800 Baseline Rd. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Dinner Out, 6–8pm, Golden Sun Chinese Restaurant – 1635 28th St Boulder, 80301. For more info and to RSVP, contact bethamiRSVP@gmail.com
- Community Shabbat celebration, 10am. For more info, contact email@example.com
- Save the date for Purim! 9:30am–2pm, Boulder JCC. For more info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bar/Bat Mitzvah program
- Each Bar or Bat Mitzvah student works closely with a mentor to explore his/her values as well as connections with Humanistic Judaism at Beth Ami & at home. Each student's value will guide his/her choice of a Hebrew selection, a mitzvah project and a Jewish hero. The Bar/Bat Mitzvah service is designed to celebrate the growing maturity & independence of the student. Families work with one of our madrichkot to design a ceremony that is meaningful to them & consistent with the values & traditions of Humanistic Judaism & Beth Ami. For more info contact Lenore
- Our Adult Ed program centers around celebrations of Shabbat/Havdalah in various homes, with an interesting selection of topics and speakers to accompany each service. Contact Sheila if you are willing to host an event in your home. As lifelong learners, we will continue to participate in Denver and Boulder Jewish Film Festivals, along with the Beth Ami Arts Group and Book Club.